As one of Heap's first product designers, you'll play a pivotal role in shaping how data professionals manage data and use it to make informed decisions. You'll also be instrumental in building the culture and process of design at Heap.
There's more to being data-driven than tracking metrics, and Heap aims to empower data professionals to do their best work. Data is only as good as the narrative that accompanies it, the people who manipulate it, and the ability to ask questions of it flexibly and iteratively. We're already leading the way with auto-capture and event virtualization. But there's so much more we can do…and we want you to be a part of that!
At Heap, this means you will:
- Design new products. Unearth user needs, conceive features, design flows, and bring experiences to life.
- Be user-centric. Data drives decision-making, and decision-making is fundamentally done by people. You’ll be the voice of the user, ensuring Heap stays grounded in UX and psychology.
- Work closely with engineers. The best products arise out of tight collaboration between designers and engineers. You’ll partner with our engineering team from the very beginning of each project, ensuring we strike the right balance among usability, aesthetics, technical feasibility, and timeline—and helping to evangelize design principles along the way.
- Level up our UX and brand. You’ll work with the entire team to evolve a consistent aesthetic and brand across our product, website, docs, emails, and more.
What we're looking for:
- Strong UX, interaction-design, and information-design skills.
- Proven ability to solve complex problems with simple, elegant solutions.
- Comfort with ambiguity, and a willingness to take on tasks outside your comfort zone. We’re a startup, after all!
- Strong visual-design sense. Ability to produce polished pixels within an established system, and to evolve and refine that system.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- A sense of humor and a desire to learn.
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
View All Job OpeningsApply Today