Director of Alliances
The Director of Alliances will partner with the VP of Global Partnerships to lead the growth of the partner channel with a primary focus on solutions partners. You will be collaborating with our internal partnership team and sales/marketing team to drive recruitment and enablement with strategic solutions partners with a key focus on driving new business via these partners.
Responsibilities and Objectives:
- Recruit and Onboard new solutions partners (SI’s, Agencies, Consultants, etc) for Heap in North America and EMEA.
- Develop mutual business and enablement plans with partners to increase the number of customer referrals from the partner to the Heap Sales team.
- Work with marketing to create content to educate both the partner and the Heap sales team to help bring partners into active Heap sales cycles, driving influenced revenue.
- Understand the partner’s market and subject matter of expertise, in addition to their company structure to best navigate the partner and their customers. Effectively position Heap with the partner and the department within the partner with the most potential ROI.
- Responsible for directly driving “Sourced ARR” from partners (aka closed/won referrals), Influenced ARR (inserting partners into active sales cycles where beneficial), and Pipeline Generation (driving referrals).
- Partner with the Heap sales teams to maximize solution partner referred opportunities by hosting account mapping sessions that facilitate joint meetings between Heap sales and the partner’s teams.
- Maintain partner relationships and hold quarterly business reviews with each owned partner - always having a strategy on how Heap can improve the relationship and ROI for each partner.
- Work with the sales enablement team to develop solution partner training for our sales team.
Desired Experience and Proven Skills
- 10+ years of experience with solutions partners developing technology and services based alliances in NA and EMEA, preferably with similar cloud-based SaaS applications.
- Experience with a services focused value proposition, where the core economic value for the solutions partner is expanding the services offering of a current or future practice area with a software based offering.
- Experience working with internal Professional Services and Support teams. Understanding of legal agreements, SOWs, reseller agreements, master services agreements, etc.
- Strategic and analytical thinker, able to blend technology vision and business strategy to drive customer value via joint solutions that solve customer business objectives.
- Clear understanding of identifying value points for each partner - what matters to them - and the nuances of the value points for the various segments and markets these partners support.
- Ability to clearly articulate Heap’s value proposition and the true value to the partner.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Remote first work environment with expected travel in the future (when safe to do so).
- Ability to adapt and work effectively within a rapidly changing and growing environment
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $95M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We offer plenty of awesome benefits, and we were named #1 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work (SMB). We'd love to hear from you!