Talent & People Operations Manager
As we scale the People team at Heap and aim to build a best-in-class virtual-first employee experience, we need a seasoned People Ops Leader to own data reporting, process improvement, and cross-functional project management. This is a unique opportunity to work on a unified People Team and sit squarely between the HR and Recruiting teams. This role reports into the Head of People Ops and HRBPs but will own recruiting and DEI analytics, ATS Ops, and the connector processes that bring people through the full candidate-to-employee lifecycle.
At Heap, this means you will:
- Design, develop and guide various people team efforts to improve business outcomes
- Build a strategy and creative approach for virtual events across the company
- Use employee data (e.g., compensation, attrition, and exit feedback) to drive strategy and guide decision-making
- Build and maintain relationships with leaders and their team members to support cultural and organizational needs
- Lead rollout of key people processes— primarily focused on our virtual-first strategy. This includes events, perks, communication norms, documentation and L&D strategy, etc.
- Focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion as a key building block to everything we do, working closely with Recruiting, leaders throughout the business, and all Heaple to continually improve our culture and practices
- Champion our culture by promoting company values to guide decision-making and drive thoughtful and effective change management in a fast-paced environment
- Lay the foundation for all of Talent Acquisition programs, process, systems and tools.
- Take responsibility for the Applicant Tracking System, as well as all our interconnected systems and tools.
- Drive efficiency and innovation in Heap’s candidate experience, allowing recruiters, coordinators and hiring teams to operate at the highest level.
- Own team’s data, creating executive and team dashboards and ensuring data integrity.
30/60/90 Day Plan
Within 30 days, you will:
- Take on full ownership of the virtual-first project plan, working closely with external consultants and internal stakeholders
- Gain a nuanced understanding of People Team data, systems and processes and suggest some initial improvements
Within 60 days, you will:
- Take on full ownership of our virtual event strategy, working closely with (or managing) our employee experience coordinator
- Begin defining our total rewards strategy for virtual-first
- Take on ownership of ATS and have implemented process improvements
Within 90 days, you will:
- Have established successful partnerships with our executive team and management across the company
- Be well on your way to executing a virtual-first strategy for returning to work after COVID
- Have launched successful virtual events
- Have a clear line of sight to completing company wide communications norms and guidelines
- Launch an updated virtual-first landing page on the internal wiki
- Taken on full ownership of People Team Data dashboards and reporting
- Taken on full ownership of compensation analysis, offer processes, and other People Ops processes
- Trained recruiting team and hiring managers on improved ATS and candidate offer processes
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of relevant experience; 2+ years of People Ops experience
- Embodies Heap’s company values and is a cultural champion
- An organized project manager with experience consulting and advising
- Creativity and a constant awareness of the end user’s experience
- Experience with design thinking and ‘tasting the soup’ (piloting projects and running extensive focus groups before launching a new product)
- A strong leader that has a history of coaching and mentoring those around them
- Experience managing complex systems (ATS or HRIS), experience with Greenhouse a plus!
- Thrives on giving and receiving feedback
- Strong analytical skills
- Communicates clearly and empathetically both face-to-face and in writing
- Excels at building relationships within your team and across teams
- Is agile and excels at multitasking, independently prioritizing and ensuring all needs are met
- Eagerness to learn, who is motivated, and an active learner -- If you don’t understand something, you figure out a way to learn about it, and you aren’t afraid to ask when you need help
- Has integrity, understands how to handle confidential information and sensitive issues
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $95M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We offer plenty of awesome benefits, and we were named #1 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work (SMB). We'd love to hear from you!