Sales Director, Commercial Account Management
As the Sales Director of Account Management, you will lead a team of account managers responsible for Heap’s expansion and retention in our Commercial Customer Segments. Reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, you will lead a highly visible and strategic role aligned to increasing our Net Dollar Retention. You will partner closely with the Customer Success leadership team to define and execute key high value activities aligned to our post sale customer journey. You will work closely with product management & marketing to develop new product sales plans.
This person will leverage deep business & industry knowledge to inform how customers accelerate value & ROI using Heap. You will develop repeatable strategies for how customers leverage Heap to transform their business and engage with their own customers in whole new ways. You will personally lead the team and engage with customers as needed, acting as an advisor and advocate throughout the customer relationship by leveraging the full power of Heap, coordinating with technical experts, executive sponsors, product managers and other strategic resources as needed. The end result of these efforts is increased value, retention, customer satisfaction and ultimately expansion of Heap’s footprint in our customer accounts.
Responsibilities & Objectives:
- Create a compelling vision for the Account Management function that brings customers' goals to life by leveraging the full potential of the Heap platform.
- Build a team that embraces customer understanding - deliver tangible business impact and innovation for customers by mapping Heap solutions to customer needs.
- Collaborate closely with customer success managers to establish strategic account planning processes and strategies, develop financial targets, and map critical milestones for net dollar retention goals
- Define the strategy and detailed execution plan for the team that results in accelerated customer time to value, renewal rates, and growth.
- Develop and implement processes and metrics that drive customer business outcomes and successful execution of use cases.
- Enable the team to leverage strategic relationships and deep customer knowledge to expand into new use cases and position additional Heap products in a timely and relevant manner.
- Effectively oversee SMB & Mid Market customer health overall - proactively identify and communicate risks and opportunities as needed and resolve escalations quickly.
- Work with Account Executives and other Success Partners to seamlessly transition clients from pre-sales, through onboarding and into ongoing Service usage.
Desired experience & proven skills:
- 5-7 years of SaaS experience in a customer facing commercial role (direct sales, account management, customer success management)
- 1-3 years of management experience.
- Proven track record of leading engagements with B2B customers resulting in contract value growth on both upsells and renewals
- Experience managing deal pipeline in Salesforce
- Knowledge of the analytics and data infrastructure, and experience within the SaaS/digital space
- Managerial ability and Leadership skills
- Knowledge of the analytics and data infrastructure industry
- Customer-oriented and empathetic
- Cross-team collaboration
- Highly Organized, Self-Starter
- Strong customer communication (both written and verbal)
- Consultative Sales, Professional business acumen, Commercial experience (i.e. pricing, contracts)
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $95M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We offer plenty of awesome benefits, and we were named #1 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work (SMB). We'd love to hear from you!