Engineering Manager, Integrations
Heap’s mission is to power business decisions with truth. We’re building infrastructure to automatically capture customer interactions on web and mobile applications, make sense of them, and make them actionable for anyone. We want to enable everyone to understand their millionth customer as well as they understood their first.
For this role, we’re looking for an Engineering Manager to grow and develop our Integrations team and technical platform. You’ll be responsible for technical strategy, execution, and delivery on a core part of our product experience used by thousands of customers. You’ll hire, coach, and develop a diverse team of engineers, and work cross-functionally with a variety of teams across the company to inform direction and roadmap. You’ll help your team design a new, extensible platform to power our integrations, roll out a steady drumbeat of high-quality first-party integrations, and develop APIs to enable customers and partners to build their own custom integrations.
On Integrations, you’ll be responsible for a core part of the Heap product on a high growth team with lots of opportunity to make an impact. Our data-in and data-out integrations are central to customers getting the most out of Heap. They give customers a complete view of how their users experience their product by pulling in data from other parts of the customer journey, and then turn insights into action by syncing out usage data and customer segments for use in other systems. This is a unique opportunity to apply backend engineering management skills to a very customer-facing product area that will play a major role in Heap’s overall success over the next several years!
What you’ll do
- Remotely manage a diverse group of 6-10 engineers ranging from junior to senior. Support their growth and development through continuous coaching and feedback.
- Work closely with product management, product marketing, partners, and solutions to build an extensible integrations platform and bring new integrations to market.
- Own execution and delivery on your eng team, and help the team balance new feature work with technical debt and platform investment.
- Contribute to a fast-growing engineering organization and help us scale up processes and best practices across the entire company.
We’re a distributed team that operates mostly on US timezones. Because of the high degree of interaction with other teams, for this role we’re primarily looking for a manager working in the US or a US time zone (including all of North and South America).
What we’re looking for
- A track record of leading and coaching diverse teams of engineers (at least 3+ years managing a team of 5+, including remote engineers)
- A solid engineering background that has kept pace with new technologies, even if it’s been a few years since you coded full time (at least 7+ years of total experience in technical roles)
- Experience running team cadences in a fast-moving, Agile environment, and working cross-functionally with product management to set roadmap and direction
- A passion for leading by example, mentoring engineers, and sharing your expertise with the entire organization
- Some amount of relevant experience in building integrations, building data platforms at scale, working with event streaming architectures, and/or a strong understanding of cloud computing (particularly AWS). What you don’t know from our stack (because nobody knows everything!), you’ll be excited to learn and ramp up on quickly.
Under the hood, Heap is powered by TypeScript, Golang, Scala, Spark, Kafka, and CitusDB (PostgreSQL) and Redis. For more about our architecture, check out Virtual Events: Making Data-Driven Decisions a Reality.
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.Heap has raised $95M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We offer plenty of awesome benefits, and we were named #1 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work (SMB). We'd love to hear from you!