Head of Talent
Heap’s mission is to power business decisions with truth. We’re building infrastructure to automatically capture customer interactions on web and mobile applications, make sense of them, and make them actionable for anyone. We want to enable everyone to understand their millionth customer as well as they understood their first.
Heap is looking for a seasoned and enthusiastic Head of Talent to join our Recruiting Team. As we scale our technical and GTM teams, you will be the leader who will ensure Heap’s Recruiting Team is successful in reaching their hiring goals.
In your tenure as a recruiter, you are a natural at identifying and recruiting best in class talent. As a manager, you are a pro at developing talent management strategies, creating career plans for your team, coaching them, and developing their recruiting skills.
At Heap, we use data to influence decision making. You will make decisions and change processes with data and draw from your tenure to guide our recruiters. All the while, you will help our internal stakeholders win, ensuring internal partners, interviewers, recruiters, and candidates move through our hiring process with exceptional experience.
At Heap, this means you will:
- Leadership - Provide mentorship, guidance, and career development to members of the Recruiting Team.
- Recruiting expertise - Close software engineers across all levels. Exhibit knowledge of Heap’s product, and lead headcount planning, and forecast cost per hire.
- Creativity - Generate innovative best in class recruiting solutions to improve existing recruiting processes and develop new systems to better candidate pipeline and candidate experience.
- People Oriented - Partner and listen to stakeholders to increase stakeholder satisfaction. Ensure commitments are met, set appropriate recruiting expectations (metrics and goal setting for recruiters), and respond to stakeholder needs.
- Communication - Communicate effectively (both verbally and in writing) to convey and share information, feedback, and ideas with others clearly and concisely.
- Action oriented - Be action oriented and results driven to overcome recruiting obstacles and establish standards and areas of responsibility for others.
- Citizenship - Demonstrate a commitment to Heap’s core values: embodying low-ego mindset transparency in relationships, exhibiting intentionality, and building trusting relationships across the company.
- Teamwork - Act in a way to build trust, inspires enthusiasm, encourages others, helps resolve conflicts, and creates standards to support high-performing recruiters.
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of recruiting experience, preferably in the tech industry
- 5+ years of people management experience, ideally for both GTM and technical recruiting teams
- Proven track record in building out talent acquisition teams at growth stage companies
- A background in coaching high performing recruiting/sourcing teams
- Ability to strategically partner with and advise leaders throughout the recruiting process
- Understanding of what great process-driven recruiting looks like, and is able to apply data to inform recruiting strategy and decisions
- Great communication, interpersonal, and networking skills
- Prior experience building recruiting strategy around diversity is a plus
Heap has raised $95M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We offer plenty of awesome benefits, and we were named #1 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work (SMB). We'd love to hear from you!