Professional Services Consultant
Heap is looking to hire an experienced Professional Services Consultant with a SaaS background to join our Services team. In this role you will passionately promote the adoption of Heap’s solutions while helping our customers solve real problems. You will learn our customers’ data and analytics needs, and translate those needs into Heap technical configuration recommendations, and help ensure their success with Heap. You will work closely with our customer success, account management, sales, and product teams to advocate for our customers.
What you will be doing:
- Lead onboarding engagements and external project management functions for new client implementations.
- Manage the project lifecycle from end to end, such as creating project timelines, mitigating risks, communicating to stakeholders, and ensuring the timely completion of projects.
- Form close relationships with our customers. Our customers will consider you part of their team.
- You will have complete context on our product and become an expert in the larger analytics space. You will leverage this knowledge to pilot and design service offerings for our customers.
- Communicate technical concepts clearly. You will convey sound data principles to a wide-range of audiences: product managers, marketers, data scientists, engineers and C-level executives.
- Advocate for the best customer experience. Internally, you’ll serve as the voice of our customers when defining product requirements with engineers or helping marketers educate the world about analytics.
- Constantly iterate on our processes. You’ll work cross-functionally and manage special projects internally to help Heap scale as fast as possible.
30/60/90 Day Plan
- Within 30 days, you will:
- Complete Heap product certification
- Shadow the onboarding customer experience for new customers
- Built cross functional relationships with our sales, marketing, solutions and engineering teams.
- Within 60 days, you will:
- Understand Heap’s infrastructure
- Build custom dashboards for our customers
- Become certified in Command the Message to enable customers to meet business goals
- Own the onboarding customer experience for new customers
- Identify, track, and troubleshoot issues encountered during projects as they occur.
- Become a champion at dogfooding Heap
- Within 90 days, you will:
- Know Heap like the back of your hand
- Lead complicated and technical onboarding projects
- Come up with clever workarounds to push Heap to the limits
- Most importantly, you’re an empathetic person who is comfortable with ambiguity and is an incredibly fast learner. As a strategic advisor for our customers, you’ll face novel situations and provide expertise every day.
What we’re looking for:
- Highly skilled problem-solving abilities (quantitative, conceptual, analytical)
- Experience consulting and providing recommendations to clients
- A passion for helping people
- (Bonus) Experience with HTML, CSS, JS, SQL, and working with various APIs
- (Bonus) Knowledge of the analytics market and data infrastructure
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $95M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We offer plenty of awesome benefits, and we were named #1 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work (SMB). We'd love to hear from you!