VP Global Commercial Sales
The VP Global Commercial Sales will partner with the CRO to lead the rapid growth at Heap . As an enthusiastic and creative team leader, you’ll be collaborating with your own teams as well as our internal business units and business partners to enhance existing processes and help your team achieve their sales goals. Having worked in a variety of different companies and a proven track record of being able to build a high-performing sales and sales development teams, you know what it takes to recruit, train and develop a diverse world class team and motivate, enable, and remove obstacles.
Responsibilities and Objectives:
- Responsible for forecasting and achievement of monthly, quarterly and annual revenue targets
- Lead the overall sales process and set appropriate metrics for sales funnel management
- Set and execute an aggressive customer acquisition strategy to generate annual growth in revenue and bookings for the region and sustainable business growth
- Maintain key customer relationships, develop and implement strategies for expanding the company’s customer base
- Lead and manage a high performing, customer-focused team of commercial sales managers and Account Executives to deliver customer business value and long-lasting customer relationships
- Coach and mentor sales managers in sales strategy, pipeline management, opportunity management and career development while eliminating roadblocks to team performance.
- Support the targeting, planning, positioning, and execution of commercial opportunity development efforts as necessary to maximize the probability of success
- Work in partnership with Marketing, Customer Success, Solutions Engineering to provide customer focused solutions
- Implement a culture of learning and continuous improvement
- Work with enablement to develop sales manager trainings
Desired Experience and Proven Skills
- 6+ years experience in Sales leadership role with a fast paced high growth SaaS company
- Proven track record of accurate forecasting, managing through data, and over achieving on high growth sales targets
- Strong leadership skills; able to lead, develop and manage a team of people, keeping team and individual productivity high and attrition at a minimum.
- Keen strategic and commercial instincts with ability to actively contribute to the company growth strategy
- Pragmatic Problem Solver - Ability to digest complex problems, make recommendations and develop practical solutions and actions.
- Action-Oriented/Work Ethic - Clear self-starter who takes pleasure in taking action, not the theoretical.
- High level strategic thinker who can also dive into the day to day trenches
- Have excellent communication, organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to influence at all levels
- Ability to adapt and work effectively within a rapidly changing and growing environment
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $95M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We offer plenty of awesome benefits, and we were named #1 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work (SMB). We'd love to hear from you!