VP of Product Marketing
Heap is looking for a VP of Product Marketing to build the strategic foundation for the next stage of go-to-market growth. The VP of Product Marketing will be responsible for the positioning, messaging, and pricing strategy for our product portfolio.
As a seasoned technical marketing executive, you will develop a growing and talented team, while also partnering closely with other leaders across (Product, Sales, Demand, and Customer Success) to effectively educate audiences on the value of our products and solutions. You’ll elevate our core messaging to help build awareness and engagement with the customers across all sizes of organizations and for different use cases. Finally, you will apply your deep experience, knowledge, and understanding of the competitive landscape to help communicate the differentiated value of Heap’s capabilities in a way that effectively drives our go-to-market and demand generation engines.
This role will be a highly visible leadership role within the organization which will have a significant impact on the long-term growth of a fast-growing business.
What you will be doing:
- Provide executive leadership for all product messaging, competitive analysis and positioning, product launch management, pricing, GTM strategy, sales enablement, and customer insights to inform strategic campaigns that help drive customer acquisition, retention, and expansion.
- Lead the company-wide development of product messaging and positioning, including competitive differentiation across different customer segments.
- Lead our pricing and packaging strategy to help drive adoption of new product capabilities and support new customer segments.
- Partner with other Product leaders to help drive ongoing adoption of Heaps products and solutions by connecting the product roadmap with our go-to-market strategy.
- Help external industry analysts and influencers view Heap as a leader across different network security, performance, and reliability product categories.
- Drive high-visibility product launches to demonstrate innovation and ultimately drive new revenue.
- Lead the development of compelling and easy to understand internally facing content for Sales, Customer Support, Comms, and others including; sales training, positioning, FAQs, battlecards, and more.
- Partner closely with demand generation functions (acquisition, expansion, partner, pay-as-you-go) to tell compelling stories that help build demand and drive revenue across our offerings and across the customer lifecycle.
- Lead a team of high performing product marketer leaders and effectively prioritize activity and resources within a demanding high growth company.
What we’re looking for:
- 15+ years of experience in product marketing at a fast growing company, including 6+ years of team management experience.
- Prior experience in a strategy role, specifically around positioning, messaging, pricing, and competitive strategy
- Significant experience in B2B technology marketing with experience positioning to both business decision makers and technical audiences (experience in analytics or related SaaS business is highly preferred).
- Strong technical depth and ability to learn quickly, balanced with sharp business sense.
- People-focused leader with proven ability to build creative, collaborative teams; develop people; and link performance to overall business objectives.
- Excellent collaboration and organization skills, excelling at both high-level thinking and execution as well as influencing and inspiring others to achieve a common goal.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. This role demands someone who is gifted in their ability to use the spoken and written word to communicate effectively with all stakeholders.
- BS/BA degree in Marketing, Business, Engineering, or related field (MBA highly preferred)
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $95M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We offer plenty of awesome benefits, and we were named #1 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work (SMB). We'd love to hear from you!