Demand Generation Manager
Heap is looking for an experienced Demand Generation Manager to join the marketing team in San Francisco. This person should have expertise in crafting and executing successful demand generation programs for the SMB and mid-market segment, while collaborating closely with product marketing, sales, SDRs, and external agencies, and vendors. We are looking for someone who can take full ownership of the funnel for our SMB market - driving lead volume at the top of the funnel as well as increasing velocity and pipeline generation. This person would be reporting into the Director of Demand Generation.
If you’re looking to roll up your sleeves, make an immediate impact, and be a high-visibility marketer within the organization, this role might be for you.
At Heap, this means you will:
- Plan and execute end-to-end demand generation programs, which include, but are not limited to SEM, nurture campaigns, paid media, content syndication, etc.
- Develop and execute innovative, multi-channel campaigns to drive SMB MQLs and sales pipeline, while closely monitoring conversion rates and optimizing campaigns at each stage.
- Design and maintain email strategy for SMB segment (and possibly for Mid-Market / Enterprise segment)
- Manage agency and contractor relationships, expectations, and budgets.
- Work with our web team to increase lead conversion from our website.
- Partner with NA SDR team to ensure quality lead delivery and proper follow-up according to established SLAs. Build a consistent feedback loop and continuously improve and optimize lead hand-off processes in conjunction with the Marketing Operations team.
- Own campaign strategy and implementation plans with execution support from web, design, and field marketing teams.
- Build out forecast and own ongoing reporting to marketing and executive team for SMB funnel. You will own a quarterly pipeline and opportunity goal for the SMB market.
30/60/90 Day Plan
- Within 30 days, you will:
- Meet with all marketing to understand needs, metrics, cadence, etc
- Learn about the company, product, and targeted segments as well as personas
- Meet and align with Sales and BDR team to understand their processes, goals, and requirements
- Within 60 days, you will:
- Own, manage and optimize the funnel for Heap’s SMB business
- Take over forecasting and reporting for SMB pipeline
- Create plan for growing the SMB business
- Within 90 days, you will:
- Implement SMB growth plan
- Optimize and adjust the plan
- Collaborate with Demand Gen agency
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field
- Minimum of 4 to 6 years of full-time marketing experience at SaaS company in growth stage (web/marketing analytics space experience would be a nice to have)
- 2+ years of demand generation/campaigns experience
- Experience implementing SMB/Mid-market-level demand generation programs
- Tactical, hands-on experience with lead forecasting, reporting, and analysis
- Proven experience working with paid media and content syndication vendors
- Experience developing compelling messaging and voice across all digital channels
- Experience managing third party vendors including agencies and contractors
- Experience partnering with SDRs and sales teams to coordinate, communicate, and deliver offers and campaigns that resonate deeply with customers along buyer’s journey
- Must be a self-starter who excels at multitasking and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to prioritize and shift workload to meet deadlines
- Hands-on experience with Marketo, Salesforce, Wordpress, A/B testing tools, and Looker
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $95M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We offer plenty of awesome benefits, and we were named #1 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work (SMB). We'd love to hear from you!