VP of Product
Heap is looking for a VP of Product to help us turn product management into a science. Not only will you help build the software that makes this possible, but your contributions will advance the field of product management. Between meeting product leaders from numerous industries and deeply reflecting on every part of product decision-making, this role is uniquely meta.
At Heap, we strive to build a product org that iterates toward this ideal of a product-market fit-finding system. In the past year alone, we’ve carefully iterated on shared templates for defining user needs, conducted foundational research, communicated hypotheses, de-risked projects early, and communicated learnings after launches. You will contribute to and benefit from this library of best-practices.
You’ll also be directly involved with open-sourcing these learnings with our customers and the broader market. Heap’s PM team actively contributes to thought leadership in the PM community by writing blog posts, participating in webinars, and speaking at events.
We want our VP Product to lead this charge. Specifically, we expect our VP Product to focus on:
- Strategy. As an executive, our VP Product needs to be a company leader, not just a PM leader. We expect our VP Product to shepherd our most important strategic resource: a winning product strategy and roadmap.
- Hiring. There’s nothing more important to Heap than hiring well. We expect our VP Product to hire world-class PMs who can serve as examples for the rest of the product industry.
- People Management. Our VP Product will grow world-class PMs and enable them to steward effective teams and develop crisp product-market fit theses.
- Evangelism. Our VP Product will not only drive cross-company alignment on our product strategy, but also represent Heap in external contexts: customers, conferences, etc. We expect our VP Product to be both an internal and external product leader.
- Execution. In close collaboration with our CEO, CTO, VP Eng, and VP Design, our VP Product will create a well-functioning, open, and continually improving product organization.
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $95M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We offer plenty of awesome benefits, and we were named #1 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work (SMB). We'd love to hear from you!