Content Marketing Manager
Heap is seeking a strong writer and creative idea person to help forge Heap’s story and share it with audiences across our rapidly-growing space.
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Marketing, you will join a small, collaborative team focused on developing Heap’s story and winning mindshare in a burgeoning product space. You will work with stakeholders across the company—in marketing, engineering, product, sales, and elsewhere—to flesh out Heap’s point of view on multiple subjects, and to pull these together into a compelling overall message. In a given week, you may write a high-level white paper, create a brochure for an industry event, edit three blog posts sourced from across the company, develop a video script, tweet creatively about a business partnership, strategize on creative programs, help name a product feature, and interview an external influencer to find out what she really thinks about the future of product management.
About you: you love writing, and feel at home creating both long form and short form content. You’re able to extract clear and compelling narratives from complicated piles of information and from rambling interviews with SMEs. You’re dedicated to grammar, can edit other people’s work to bring out its best self, and think often about how to present information to both instruct and inspire. You can pivot on a dime and adopt your tone and voice to the audience at hand. You love to learn, and can independently figure out something your unclear about. You’ve noticed the three grammar errors in this paragraph and can point us to them. Above all, you’re a team player willing to bring positive energy, an abundance of ideas, a strong work ethic, and a critical mindset to every project and interaction.
This is a powerful opportunity for a smart, creative writer to help develop truly original thought leadership and create a story with a wide-ranging impact.
What you will be doing
- Crafting content in many formats, directed to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Tailoring blog content and helping drive an ongoing content calendar
- Editing and improving writing sourced from across the company
- Helping build a community of engaged customers and prospects through Heap’s Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook accounts
- Working with stakeholders across the company to tease out unique stories about our product
- Collaborating with demand gen to hone in on or create the right content for their campaigns
- Working with product marketers to articulate stories about Heap’s features and value
- Work with our fantastic videographer to create customer videos, product walkthroughs, and anything else we can think of
- Learning everything you can about the space in which Heap operates, and bringing a creative perspective on it
- Helping develop content campaigns and thematic initiatives
- Collaborating to craft presentations, panels, and other media opportunities for our executive team
- Brainstorming new ideas and approaches, and making them real
*Please feel free to send over a cover letter to email@example.com*
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $95M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We work in SF and offer plenty of awesome benefits. We'd love to hear from you!
View All Job OpeningsApply Today