Revenue Accounting Manager
Finance and Operations
Heap is looking for a Revenue Accounting Manager to lead our revenue operations and technical revenue accounting. Reporting to the Head of Finance, you will be responsible for managing and refining all things revenue, including: revenue recognition, compliance with 606, order to collect processes, contract review and analysis, billing, collections and reporting on bookings and revenue related processes. You will work closely with sales, legal, customer success and finance teams to ensure seamless communication around customer contracts pre and post execution.
At Heap, this means you will:
- Take full ownership of all things revenue including order to cash processes and revenue recognition.
- Work collaboratively with Legal, Sales, Business Operations, Billing, Professional Services, and FP&A to drive best practices in revenue.
- Manage all aspects of the revenue recognition process including month end reconciliations, audit support, system improvements and forecasting.
- Own the A/R process.
- Review contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and accounting standards
- Maintain process and policy documentation.
- Liaise with auditors on revenue recognition and related matters during annual audit.
30/60/90 Day Plan
- Within 30 days, you will:
- Understand current revenue recognition process and systems
- Take over A/R process
- Within 60 days, you will:
- Take over revenue recognition process
- Understand effects of 606 on revenue and start process to reflect this
- Start getting involved in deal desk with sales and legal
- Within 90 days, you will:
- Own the entire contract to cash and revenue process
- Make a recommendation for updates to systems
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years of experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance with CPA highly preferred
- Big 4 Public accounting experience preferred
- Revenue recognition experience with ideally subscription companies
- Experience with revenue and invoicing systems and SFDC
- Proactive, team player and ability to work in a fast paced environment
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $40M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We work in SF and offer plenty of awesome benefits. We'd love to hear from you!
View All Job OpeningsApply Today