As an Engineering Manager at Heap, you’ll lead teams building the future of analytics.
Heap has hard technical and people challenges all over, and we're looking for engineering managers who want to have a large business impact. Think: large-scale streaming ingestion, auto-capturing events on native mobile applications, novel ad hoc analytics query infrastructure, realtime data-out connections, and materializing very large datasets in warehouses.
Engineering managers at Heap are people-focused, but expected to have a strong engineering background. Your particular area of expertise isn't too important: we have management needs across the entire stack.
What will you do?
- Promote long-term growth of engineers. Our engineers are driven and very talented. We are serious about investing in them, and you will be responsible for ensuring they are growing along the axes they care about.
- Create the long-term vision, mission, and success metrics for your teams by working with PM and your TLs.
- Partner with TLs to ensure consistently high-quality execution.
- Sell candidates and get them excited about joining the team.
We would like to talk to you if:
- You have a track record of successfully leading an engineering team.
- You communicate clearly both in writing and in person.
- You’ve worked with product managers in the past and understand the product development process.
- You're enthusiastic about managing a partially-remote engineering team.
- Preference: you’ve successfully managed teams of 3 or larger. The role is flexible with regards to your seniority.
- Bonus: you’ve observed engineering teams scale at least an order of magnitude.
- Bonus: you’ve served as a Tech Lead before.
While the majority of our engineering team is in our SF HQ, we also have an NY office, are we happy to consider remote for managers with remote management experience. We cover relocation costs. We'd love to hear from you!
Heap stores critical customer data, and security is extremely important to us. All managers are expected to enforce rules and best practices to keep the company safe from breaches and incidents.
People are what make Heap awesome. Regardless of age, education, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or any personal characteristics, we want everyone to feel welcome. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive equal opportunity workplace everyone can call home.
Heap has raised $40M in funding from NEA, Y Combinator, Menlo Ventures, SVAngel, Sam Altman, Garry Tan, Alexis Ohanian, Harj Taggar, Ram Shriram, and others. We work in SF and offer plenty of awesome benefits. We'd love to hear from you!
View All Job OpeningsApply Today